Washington Early American Seminar Series
The Washington Early American Seminar Series brings senior scholars, junior faculty and advanced graduate students to College Park to discuss their work in progress.
The seminar is composed of graduate students and faculty from the University of Maryland and a host of other area institutions and is convened by Professors Rick Bell, Christopher Bonner, Holly Brewer and Clare Lyons.
The seminar meets at regular intervals throughout the academic year on Fridays at 4pm in Taliaferro Hall 2110. Papers (typically 30-40 pages) are pre-circulated among seminar participants seven days in advance of each meeting. The ninety-minute workshop is followed by dinner with the presenter at a local restaurant.
To join the seminar email list or to apply to present a work in progress in future cycles, please contact Prof. Rick Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Holly Brewer (email@example.com). We usually issue a call for papers in April.
- The Anna Julia Cooper Workshop in Black History hosted by the University of Maryland
- The Slavery, Memory and African Diasporas Seminar hosted by Howard University
- SlaveryArchive Book Club hosted by Howard University
- The Early Modern Global History Seminar hosted by Georgetown University
- The U.S. History Workshop hosted by Georgetown University